So I have started driving the PANDA.
Adriano (kids dad) and I went driving Saturday. He wanted to make sure I could get around okay. We drove to the garden and had a champagne as a celebration that I could drive.. I always knew driving standard in Texas would pay off someday. Yesterday I drove into town to see if anything was open to buy bread and stuff but Sunday no stores are open.. but Sandys Bar Maro was open where my friend Andrea works (the one that always made me tomato mozzarella every morning) so I went in there and he remembered me.. I got a T M and loved it. Andrea kept pinching my cheeks...haha I would just kind of smile and laugh. he is a really nice guy and he was happy to see me!
Yesterday afternoon we did this:
Anita and Inea, ross and Lola's friends that are also half american half italian came over to play. Amanda has a cool blow up slide which entertained the kids for a while! Giovanni came over and he and ross just had to get me wet.. my good camera around my neck was my excuse for not getting in the water.. but Giovanni somehow got me wet with his watergun.
Saturday for lunch we went to Adriano's parents house. His mom is a GREAT cook. I should have whipped out my camera for pictures but that would be weird. We had pasta with asparagus that was amazing and then lamb and spinach. Lamb was a little different but still good. Those italians sure do drink a lot of wine. Adriano's dad kept trying to get me to drink some at lunch but i was so parched for some water, but i finally drank a glass to make him happy. ha.
Here is Lola, Ross, and their cousin Linda playing on the 'moto'
I will have to create a post about language barriers another day... I could write pages about that and how dumb I feel and how much I need to learn Italian.
Here is one last picture. Giovanni grabbed my camera yesterday and went to take 'panorama' pictures. This is a view of the valley from above the house. tYou can see the castle in the middle on the hill. Isnt it beautiful?

No comments:
Post a Comment