Thursday, June 9, 2011

First Day in Italy!

Ciao!
I made it to Italy around 1:30 pm (Italy time) i think it was 4 am U.S.A time. I didn't sleep much on the plane even though i was completely sprawled out. I should have taken a benadryl or something.

Plane food was great.. I always love plane food for some reason... I had Lasagna and then a breakfast box called "me myself and my breakfast" it was a muffin and coffee creamer.

After I arrived in London a few hours later i got a cheese and tomato croissant and orange just for 7 something pounds.... which is 10 euro... which is 15 dollars. what a rip.

Amanda and Lola picked me up at the airport and we drove to Castiglion Fiorentino. It was about a 2 hour drive.  I have only rode the train to and from Castiglion, so this was all new. None of it looked familiar! Italy is just incredibly beautiful.
The family owns the bar in town that is open in the summer time.. so I had never been. Its called the Garden and it is super nice. I got a drink that was similar to a frappe. it was so good. I know I will be getting that again.
After the garden we drove to the house which is maybe 5 minutes from town. you have to go up this tiny little gravel road that is straight down on the other side.

Heres where I'll be at.....


Heres what I'll be driving...

Just kidding. but isn't that car the coolest? I would actually really like to drive that around town. They use it to travel in because it has beds in it and stuff. Its really nice and has a good sound system too. I love it.


This is Giovanni! When I was in Italy last spring, he was one of the students at the school I taught English at. He is my neighbor! he is so funny and will help me with italian. We picked cheeries from the cheery tree and when he found a good one he would say "ooooo mi god...BEAUTIFUL."  Hes really funny. He said he missed MEGHAN SMITS.


 Heres our cheeries. they were mighty good.


I need to sleep. Ciao

2 comments:

  1. AWWWW HE MISSED ME!! I am so glad you got to Italy safe! Have the BEST TIME :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love the garden bar--was there almost every night the summer I was in CF. Amazing memories. Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete